I feel like my thoughts on dreams are constantly evolving and changing. Here’s what I’ve learned: dream. Dream hard and dream BIG. Create a life worth living. Dreams aren’t about the destination. They are daily intentions, daily actions, daily strides towards your extraordinary life. It keeps your thoughts elevated, to be better, without living in the future and only for the future. It gives you daily intention and drive. You can still be content with today, living in this moment, knowing you’re doing your best.
So in dreaming BIG and prioritizing your dreams, you can create a life list. I got this from the Art of Nonconformity. It’s fun and it gives you something to work towards. It pushes you into uncertainty. It puts urgency on some goals. Make the list and then evaluate time. Which would you like to do in the next year, the next month, the next 10 years, over the span of your life. The whole picture can be daunting. Take it in slices, rather than trying to shove the whole pie in your mouth.
So what do you want from life? Who do you want to be? Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Here is a bit of my list:
In the next year:
· Get an apartment and live in an inspired palace of my own creation and unique style.
· Start, launch, and create Bliss Delish. Sale at the Farmer’s Market. Invest in a bike cart for Bliss deliveries. Cooking classes. Write and self-publish my own cookbook. Sale food at Baesler’s. Gather more followers on my blog. Make weekly cooking vlogs. Have a recipe featured in the newspaper. Buy my VW bus.
· Beauty Bliss: make a documentary. Interview over 300 women. Have a photo display of portraits.
· Let my Bliss’ support me.
· Go to Nashville with my friends for New Years
· Hike the Appalachian Trail.
· Go to New Zealand.
· Go to Portland. Go windsurfing.
· Pay off my debt
· Get rid of my car. Ride my bike and walk.
· Go to the I Can Do It! Conference in New York city
· Get in the best health of my life.
In the next 10 to 15 years:
· My Big Farm Forage Market dream
· Yoga certification
· Have kids
· Backpack across Europe
· Travel to India
· Hike Manchu Picchu
· Hike the Continental Divide and PCT
· Go on a national tour with Bliss Delish Bus
· Be a published author
· Hometown Beauty project: better Terre Haute transportation and bike routes. Downtown beautification.
· School, work with kids. Morning yoga and meditation. Creative counsels and goal setting. Programs for bike/walk commuting project. Squeeze myself into the food program.
· Travel to Spain, Russia, and Brazil with Tab.
· Have a food line at Whole Foods
· Go to a World Cup and dress up as an uber Spain fan
· Go to Burning Man Festival
· One-on-one Body Image Coaching