I’ve been doing a little chakra research for an alternative health week, and I have to say it goes right along with my meditations lately. It made sense to me. You have a blockage in your heart, it then manifest not only physically into heart disease, but also seeps into your spiritual health. Blocking and fighting compassion. So I checked out the list and I dug deep and got honest with myself. Alright Brittany what Chakras do you rock and which chakras do you need to bust through. Here is a review of chakras:
- Root: your manifestation center. Blockages: fear, anxiety, and insecurity. Anorexia, obesity, and knee problems.
- Sacral: creativity and self-worth. Blockages: kidney weakness, lower back pain, and muscle spasms
- Solar Plexus: personal power, passion, impulse and anger. Blockages: lack of confidence, worry about what others think, fear that people are controlling your life. Digestive disorder, Liver Problems, diabetes, and nervous exhaustion.
- Heart: love and compassion. Blockages: unworthy of love, paranoid, pity parties. Heart disease, high blood pressure, difficulty breathing.
- Throat: communication and expressing creativity. Blockages: weakness, timidness, difficulty expressing oneself. Problems: Hyperthyroidism and inflammation.
- Third Eye: Higher intuition and spirituality. Blockages: non-assertive and afraid of success. Headaches and blindness.
- Crown: Enlightenment and connection to God. Blockages: Frustration, joyless, and destructive. Migraines and depression.
So I looked at this and I dug deeper. Where do I need to improve? First let’s start with the positive I rock at the heart, crown, sacral and solar plexus chakras. The one as I would classify as the needs improvement is my root chakra. It occasionally gets blocked in the small portion of my life when I chose fear over love. And therefore I block my powers to manifest. This nasty thing calls doubt will slip in and build a wall. So I am busting through my root chakra. Working on my manifestations and taking more opportunities to choose love first.
You can see where chakra blockages cause dis-ease in the body and fear and anger in the world. Balancing these chakras and aligning is what the Kundalini yogis say ‘awakening’ is. So dig deep, be honest, and unblock your chakras!
Meditations for the Root Chakra
Yoga Poses to Balance the Root Chakra:
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Parsvakonasana (Side Angle Pose)
Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II)
Uttanasana (Forward Bend)
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose)